Monday, March 03, 2008

Last TWT ever??

Sorry again blog neglectarinos for my terrible tardiness and general lack of postage over the weekend. Hit afew tacks on the road this week but all punctures appear to be fixed, with no unpleasant hissing noises evident. And the rest of my time was put to good use... but more on that in a minute.

I probably shouldn't drone on about what I've been up to today because you will just roll your eyes and say to yourself "jeeeezus, how does he EVER get any work done?", but suffice to say it's been pleasant. In addition, I finally got my camera back... and have been wandering around taking pictures of pretty much everything that moves... or doesn't. I'm hoping to post a few in the not too distant future... which brings me to some very, very important news.

Your time starts now will be closing soon... but only in the sense there will no longer be any blog(s) on blogger. I have spent a goodly part of today migrating the site to a new, temporary home... while I at least get the proper home to the point where I can actually move in. I will let anyone who cares know the address of the "rental property", but instead of posting it here I'll leave it your comments. Once I am sure everyone knows, I'll yank out the power cord for the blogger site. Soon after that, I hope the new place will be ready and the move complete.

I'm not going into my reasons for moving here, but suffice to say I want to do it fairly quickly ( "sounds like a another job for TWT!" I hear one of you snigger ;) ). There is the added bonus that it'll give me much more flexibility... and faith in the infrastructure.

Anyhoo... that was time wastin' Tuesday. How was yours?

20 comments:

Cléa said...

A move is as good as a holiday! Look forward to the new abode(s). I know just what to bring to celebrate ;)

I'm envious of your TWT since mine started at 5 am, lying awake staring at the ceiling with a massive migraine and aches and pains :(.

M said...

oooo lala, can't wait for the housewarming :)

I had no time wasting today - booooo!

Keshi said...

count me in Boy!

Keshi.

Steph said...

Well giddy up then!

Frockchick said...

no more dodgy mobile phone pics.....you have made me want to write.

Cara said...

Hi, can you please send me a link for your new blog home?

Thanks.

x


CH

Keshi said...

send me the link man :)

Keshi.

Frockchick said...

Hey General boy,

A few questions:

1. is a 'cat herder' someone who manages creative people?

2. What does TWT stand for?

3. Did all your chooks look the same?

Please keep me updated on your new temporary home!

PS: Clucky hen is still clucky and becoming even more aggressive!

general_boy said...

Cléa: I know just what to bring to celebrate ;) ;)

It's taking longer than I'd hoped... stupid work grrr....

I sincerely hope you feel better this TWT!

Mez: No timewasting? Well that's just SAD!!

Keshi: I will :)

Frockchick: Thankyou! Look forward to reading it :)

Cara: Hi! Hey I tried but your blog is invite only and there were no contact details! :( I'm not posting forwarding adresses here,

Keshi: done :)

Frockchick: hehe, ok...
1. Hmmm... it might be, but in my case the monniker has far more mundane connotations. ;)

2. TWT = Time Wastin' Tuesday, an institution I hope you will incorporate into your week!

3. Yep. Looked the same, thought the same, in fact at times they looked as if they were tied together with invisible string!

Will leave comment on temp. home on your blog. Don't worry about clucky hen... she'll get over it soon enough. Only problem is, that usually sets off one of the others!

Jezzy said...

you went away!

general_boy said...

Jezzy: No! I haven't left... just picked up the furniture and crokery and moved it to a rental place. By the time you read this you'll have a link! :)

Fanny said...

Please GB may I continue to lurk at your new place?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pink said...

Adam Brown is a worm, don't click.

ICan I come to your new rental space?

Can you leave the link in a comment over at mine?

xx
pinks

Sarah said...

Would love to catch up with you at your new blog!

phoenix said...

please give me your link,I promise I'll visit more often xx

general_boy said...

pinks, sarah, phoenix... check your comments! =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Doll Face said...

GB, I'm Ba-ack!

there was a small interlude of 'private' i found myself not writing...? Hmm... so I moved :-)

you'll see a huge difference, however, you know me well enough to understand the new theme.

lots of love nat

Lil Bit said...

um, hmm.... lookin' for a smoke signal... ?